Cultural Tour Program. Enjoy Cuba (1 week)
Architecture, arts and the traditional world wide known cigar manufacturing process, among other manifestations of Cuban historic and cultural heritage, are all included in this tour. And, even more, the country's natural beauties and famous Varadero Beach will be also enjoyed within this one week tour that will provide you an interesting overview of Cuban life.
Your tour in Havana, the capital city, will start with a visit to Old Havana, declared a World Heritage Site in 1982 and currently under rehabilitation. Important defensive buildings like La Fuerza, Morro and La Cabaña fortresses will also be visited, as well as the main streets and squares where you will appreciate relevant landmarks as Havana Cathedral, San Francisco Convent and Colonial mansions, among others.
Walking the Prado Promenade and looking at its amazing buildings and colonnades will allow you to know the former splendor and refinement of the town ' s urban development during the first decades of the 20th century. While sightseeing in Vedado quarter, Havana University, Colón Cemetery and other significant exponents from the above mentioned times, will be additionally appreciated. A guided visit to the National Fine Arts Museum with its unique Cuban collection, will complete the tour.
A full day excursion to Viñales Valley, UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1999, located on the Western Province of Pinar del Rio, is included in this program. Participants will have the opportunity to admire the Valley 's magnificent natural sceneries and its tobacco plantations. They will also explore the Indian's Cave, where it is possible to have a boat ride through an underground river. A visit to a cigar factory and lunch at a local restaurant are also included this day.
The next day the group will head to Cienfuegos. On the way to this city, a stop will be made at Bay of Pigs, where one can find vivid remembrances of the battle between National Militias and the US armed Invading Brigade in 1961. In Cienfuegos, a 19th century town founded by Frenchmen on Jagua Bay , the group will make a panoramic city tour with visits to a historic core full of elegant Neoclassical and Eclectic buildings. They will also visit the 19th century Terry Theater and the Central Park, graciously surrounded by colonnades. Next stop, after Cienfuegos, will be Trinidad, one of the first villages founded by the Spaniards in the 16th century, and another World Heritage Site. Through a guided downtown architectural tour, the participants will be able to know the oldest Colonial areas dated from the 16th to 19th centuries. Free time will be also given to enjoy Ancon Beach and to practice nautical sports.
For recovering after such an intense week, one day in Varadero Beach, on the way back to Havana, will allow to enjoy the most famous of Cuban beaches.
- Duration: 8 days & 7 nights.
- Visits in Havana , Viñales Valley, Bay of Pigs ,Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Playa Ancón and Varadero Beach.
- Accommodation at Hotel Nacional or Hotel Tryp Habana Libre in Havana, Hotel Las Cuevas in Trinidad and Hotel Internacional in Varadero Beach.
- All breakfasts and lunches are included. Dinners included for Trinidad and Varadero. All of them at the best spots in each place.
- Program oriented to professionals interested in combining a bit of everything in Cuba, with some time to recover, relax and enjoy the beach.
- Air-conditioned buses for all transportations.
- Full- time English-speaking guide (or other language) to accompany the group.
- City tours, visits and lectures conducted by well known Cuban professionals - professors and other specialists.
- Entrances to places mentioned in program are included.
- Transportation from Havana International Airport to Hotel in Havana upon arrival & transportation from Hotel in Havana to Havana International Airport upon departure.
- Price does not include: international flight to Cuba, traveler insurance, Havana airport departure tax ($20 usd), tourist visa ($ 15 - $ 20 usd).
Note: The package includes all the services described above: Accommodation in 4 and 5 stars hotels, daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, Full time professional Tour Guide (Specialized Guide for specialized tours), transportation in air conditioned bus and all entrances.
Minimum of passengers required: 6
Note: Please, Contact us to receive a quotation, a detailed copy of the itinerary or to adapt the tour itinerary to your specific requirements…….
iIf number of participants is below 6 passengers, a taylored made package can be quote for you.
PRICE PER PERSON IN DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: starting from $ 850 US
Contact Us to receive a quotation, or to adapt the tour program to your specific requirements…….