The Cuban Fine Arts Tour
The fine Arts Tour has been set to take you in a journey through the Cuban Fine Arts with a general approach. It covers the sculptural arts, Cuban painting and also the architecture. In this program you could see important collections exhibited in Cuban Museums, visit private artists’ studios and talk to painters in their natural environment, appreciate outstanding sculptures erected on public spaces and even at the entrance of public and private buildings. All this cultural heritage is mostly inserted in a context where historic architecture and other intangible artistic manifestations converge creating a unique patrimony.
You will explore, guided by architects and preservationists the Old Havana and its main squares. Visits to convents where important painting and art collections are in permanent custody have been included in this tour. Eclectic, Art Deco and Modern architecture will be appreciated on the way to the Model of Havana City, getting through the Vedado and Miramar quarters, where magnificent murals were painted or built on facades of famous buildings during the 1950’s.
A visit to recently restored Fine Arts National Museum will allow participants to behold the best of national painting collections, as well as master pieces of foreign artists mainly from Europe, that somehow ended up in Cuba years and centuries ago. The tour at this important Museum is a real walking through the development of the fine arts in Cuba, the influence from international schools and tendencies and the final result, the modern school of Cuban painting.
Meetings with well known artists in their studios, The Colón Cemetery, The University of Havana, The Napoleonic Museum, The Decorative Art Museum and a visit to Ludwig Foundation are also programmed in this Cuban Fine Arts tour.
The cities of Cienfuegos and Trinidad -a World Heritage town- will be visited too, where a typical architecture and art show the influence of French artists among others.
During the last day in Havana you will make a walking tour on El Prado Boulevard, designed by French architect Forrestier at the beginning of the 20th century according European patterns. Also this day, it has been included a visit to The Capitol building, a master piece of architecture it self, where magnificent decorated halls and painting collections will be behold. The impressive statue honoring and representing the Republic, said to be the larger built on interior spaces, will be also appreciated.
In the same area, you will be guided by an architect to see important buildings from the Nineteenth century, now fully restored and rehabilitated to function as hotels. We are talking about the Inglaterra with its magnificent interior decoration, or the Sevillia with its tiles, mosaics, statues and furniture recreating the Mudejar style. From the Sevilla Hotel’s Roof garden you will have a unique view of the Prado and the fortified entrance of Havana Harbor while having a delicious Cuban drink.
At the very end, the group is scheduled to visit the Grand Theatre of Havana, which is recognized by having the most sophisticated architecture of the beginning of the twentieth century. Inside, you will be impressed by the splendor of its marble stairs and ornaments. A guide will tell you the stories of famous stars that danced or sang on its stage.
PRICE PER PERSON IN DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: starting from $ 850 US
- Duration: 8 days & 7 nights.
- Visits in Havana, Cienfuegos and Trinidad.
- Accommodations in 4 and 5-star hotels in Havana and Trinidad.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners -in the best spots at each city- included.
- VIP program for museum curators, art historians, architects and just anyone interested in Art, including activities, visits and lectures that will give participants a whole picture of present Cuban Arts and its historic background.
- City tours, visits and lectures conducted by internationally well-known Cuban preservationists, professors, architects and other specialists, highly connoisseurs of Cuban Arts and its roots.
- Air-conditioned buses for all transportations.
- Full- time English-speaking guide (or other language) to accompany the group all the time.
- Entrances to places mentioned in program are included.
- Transportation from Havana International Airport to Hotel in Havana upon arrival & transportation from Hotel in Havana to Havana International Airport upon departure are also included.
- Not included in price: international flight to Cuba, traveler insurance, Havana airport departure tax ($20 usd), tourist visa ($ 15 - $ 20 usd).
Minimum of passengers required: 6
Note: Please, Contact us to receive a quotation, a detailed copy of the itinerary or to adapt the tour itinerary to your specific requirements…….
iIf number of participants is below 6 passengers, a taylored made package can be quote for you.