The Ballet Tour of Cuba
The Cuban National Ballet (Ballet Nacional de Cuba) is worldwide recognized as one of the must prestigious and companies of its type, due to the outstanding performances of its dancers and the artistic and technical rigor of its presentations. It has a top position in contemporary Spanish-American culture and is considered to have its own patterns as International School.
The headquarters of the Cuban National Ballet is the starting point for the tour, to have discussion/panel with specialists and professors, to attend to a lecture given by a Cuban personality in the field and also to watch a Ballet class at its adjunct school.
The recently created National Ballet Academy, where the younger generations are receiving basic training to be able to continue further specialization as adult dancers, is included in the tour schedule as a high point.
The group will also have a walking tour through the Old Havana streets and squares, guided by an architect specialized on heritage conservation, and after this, the “ Museo de la Danza” (Dance Museum) will be visited to have an explanation on the development of this art in Cuba by a specialist from the Ballet Nacional. At night, you will enjoy a magnificent ceremony, the “Cannon Ball Firing” at "La Cabaña" Fortress built on 18th century.
|Depending on the season, a performance of the Ballet Nacional de Cuba will be appreciated by the group. In case the prestigious has not scheduled appearances, then you will attend other outstanding Folkloric Dancing Company’s performance.
The internationally known Beach resort of Varadero will be fully enjoyed during a full day excursion, to relax, rest and swimming in the Caribbean clearest and warmest waters. At the very end, after you return to Havana city, a farewell dinner will mark the last minutes in Cuba for the group which will become indeed a memorable moment for everyone.
The Hemingway’s tour, which includes visits to the writer’s favorite places like "El Floridita" and "La Bodeguita del Medio" restaurants in Old Havana, as well as “Finca Vigía” the farm where he spent part of his life, will allow participants to know details on Hemingway’s years in Cuba and see testimonies of other facets of the writer. This house is nowadays a Museum, where original furniture, his yacht and even hunting pieces will recreate the life of Hemingway for the visitor.
PRICE PER PERSON IN DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: starting from $ 850 US
- A program for ballet enthusiasts, dancers, dance critics, ballet professors or students and all those particularly interested in Cuban Ballet and Cuban dance, in general.
- Duration: 8 days & 7 nights.
- Visits and accommodation in Havana, with a day trip to Varadero Beach.
- Accommodation in Havana will be either at Hotel Sevilla, Hotel Parque Central or Hotel Inglaterra.
- All breakfasts and lunches and some dinners -in the best spots in Havana - are included.
- All activities will be conducted by internationally well-known Cuban specialists from each field.
- Air-conditioned buses for all transportations.
- Full- time English-speaking guide (or other language) to accompany the group
- Entrances to places mentioned in program are included.
- Transportation from Havana International Airport to Hotel in Havana upon arrival & transportation from Hotel in Havana to Havana International Airport upon departure are also included.
- Not included in price: international flight to Cuba, traveler insurance, Havana airport departure tax ($20 US ), tourist visa ($ 15 - $ 20 US).
Note: The package includes all the services described above: Accommodation in 4 and 5 stars hotels, daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, Full time professional Tour Guide (Specialized Guide for specialized tours), transportation in air conditioned bus and all entrances.
Minimum of passengers required: 6
Note: Please, Contact us to receive a quotation, a detailed copy of the itinerary or to adapt the tour itinerary to your specific requirements…….
If number of participants is below 6 passengers, a taylored made package can be quote for you.