Cuba. Religions MixtureReligious Tour Programs
Meet the roots of the present Cuban religious and racial mix!
This tour has been designed to take you throughout the development of religious beliefs and customs in Cuba, beginning by the Catholicism brought to the Island with the Spaniards and the further incorporation of African cults, introduced by milliards of slaves who were forced to migrate from their homeland to the Caribbean. The result, a trans-culturing process and mix of customs, idiosyncrasy, religious beliefs and philosophy. This is the main phenomena we intend to focus during this tour.
In this journey, you will go deep into the roots of the present Cuban Religious Mix.
Churches, convents and temples, built by the first colonizers to bring the Christian faith several centuries ago will be visited to appreciate master pieces of art and religious architecture. Monumental statues like “El Cristo de La Habana” (The Christ of Havana) will allow participants to admire and share catholic feelings which characterize some part of Cuban population. During the visits to Afro Cuban temples, sanctuaries and religious chambers in Regla and Guanabacoa, you could appreciate the almost “untouched by the time” legacy the Africans left in the present Cuban culture.
This Cuban culture, strongly influenced by both religious systems, is a very unique heritage that can be appreciated not only in the religious ceremonies, but also in the common and daily behaviors of the Cubans, the way they dance, speak, eat and even understand the political and economic matters of daily live.
Afro Cuban dance
This is why we have included a wide number of visits to convents, churches, architectural and historic sites, museums, “babalao´s houses”, Academic and Study Foundations, as well as conferences with the top researchers on this topic within the Island.
Participants will also visit a colonial town and a valley where African slaves lived and worked in Sugar Mills. A Night Ceremony resembling an old custom, the Cannon Firing, will take you two centuries ago, when a Spanish military Squad fired a Cannon sharply at 9:00PM to let Havana citizens know the walls and port were closed.
At the very end, tour members will attend to the Cabaret Tropicana, where a performance of professional dancers and singers will show up the mix of races and cultures that prevail in Cuba.
- Duration: 8 days & 7 nights.
- Visits in Old Havana, Regla, Guanabacoa, Trinidad and Remedios.
- Accommodation in Havana at Hotel Nacional de Cuba or Hotel Tryp Habana Libre and in Trinidad at Hotel Las Cuevas
- All breakfasts and lunches are included. Dinners included for Trinidad. All of them at the best spots in each place.
- Program oriented to professionals interested in a deep look at religious mix in Cuba, particularly the two main beliefs, Catholicism and African cults.
- Contacts with priests, personalities and authorities in the religious filed.
- Lectures conducted by worldwide recognized experts.
- Air-conditioned buses for all transportations.
- Full- time English-speaking guide (or other language) to accompany the group.
- Entrances to places mentioned in program are included.
- Transportation from Havana International Airport to Hotel in Havana upon arrival & transportation from Hotel in Havana to Havana International Airport upon departure.
- Price does not include: international flight to Cuba, traveler insurance, Havana airport departure tax ($20 CUC), tourist visa ($ 15 - $ 20 CUC).
If you are interested in organizing a group of people interested to take the above tour, or even you would like us to set something special for you, click here now to contact us.
Note: The package includes all the services described above: Accommodation in 4 and 5 stars hotels, daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, Full time professional Tour Guide (Specialized Guide for specialized tours), transportation in air conditioned bus and all entrances.
Minimum of passengers required: 6
Note: Please, Contact us to receive a quotation, a detailed copy of the itinerary or to adapt the tour itinerary to your specific requirements…….
iIf number of participants is below 6 passengers, a taylored made package can be quote for you.
PRICE PER PERSON IN DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: starting from $ 850 US
Contact Us to receive a quotation, or to adapt the tour program to your specific requirements…….